Thursday, July 8, 2010

Time to Put Up Some Corn!

A few nights ago, I got home from work to a massive pile of to-be-shucked corn out back - fresh from the garden. Ronnie had set up two chairs and a bucket to put the shucked corn in. And so, once I got all settled and changed from my work clothes, we commenced to shucking.


I'm not an expert on canning (although my hubby is), but one thing I can do and do well is shuck corn. We spent a good hour or so shucking. Then we washed and boiled our corn for 7-9 minutes. After we cooled the cobs in ice water, I proceeded to kick Ronnie's butt at cutting the corn off the cob. Once we had our corn piled up (and kernels everywhere it seemed from floor to ceiling) we bagged quart size freezer bags about 1/2 to 3/4 full.



After about 3 hours of work and a completely ravaged kitchen to clean up... we had a good start to our winter supply of fresh corn!



Happy Shucking Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment